Had lunch with a friend who returned from Ethiopia with the Peace Corps. Delightful.
Met with the Executive Director of the Gateway Center. Another very enlightening, stretching conversation. I not only learned about the services of the Gateway Center, but talked philosophically and strategically about meeting needs through collaboration, through asset-based individual development, etc.. It was a great meeting.
Dinner with two folks who work for CARE USA. I haven't thought internationally in a while so it was good. Great to talk to highly intelligent and driven peers with purpose.
Still reading up on financial literacy. Listening to Pandora non-stop.
I don't want to forget to mention everyone in my life who must hear about my sabbatical daily/weekly/monthly/sporadically. All my thanks goes to you. If you didn't listen endlessly to my new ideas, or question and probe me, this sabbatical would almost be a waste. You also keep me on-task. I am incredibly blessed to have so many outstanding, wise, and patient friends.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment