My sister has been an Obama grassroots organizer since 2006. While in New York I will be participating with her in Manhatten (Democrat) politics. For example, tonight I sat in on an Obama grassroots leadership conference call. Thursday we are attending a public hearing regarding a term extension issue with Mayor Bloomberg. Saturday, she is hosting an Obama fundraiser; Sunday, she is organizing a phone bank. It is educational to watch her lead and organize these events.
I've also signed up to take Foundation Center courses here and in Atlanta to learn more about grantmaking basics and the importance and breadth of Foundations for funding. I'm always interested in fiscal sustainability...
Fountains of Wayne (a band) just emailed to ask us to hang out with them, but my sister told them it was too late...
Hello New York.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment